Shanghaimas.

I won't ever forget my crazy crazy first Christmas in Shanghai.

It was an absolute whirlwind of amazing parties, clubbing, great food, a lot of wine and the best people in the world. I also got two days off work, so I was very happy. 
My apartment started to get busy on the day before Xmas Eve, when the couch surfers and friends from other cities arrived for the festivities. I went out with the non-locals for a big mug of Glühwein and some free tequila. 


The next day, I met up with some more people staying in Shanghai for Xmas and went to Munchies for lunch. I'd heard everyone rave about this place- it's American fast food/tex mex in Jing'an. It turns out that it's pretty bloody good. I had a chilli cheese dog with a mountain of potato salad and a coke float.



I needed the carbs to prepare myself for the night ahead- a big fat mulled wine party in our apartment. It was so much fun...the mulled wine was beautiful and so were all the crazy guests.


Me and the housemates posed for a photo in front of the Xmas tree (that's been there for longer than anyone of us know)...


The party continued until Xmas morning and so getting out of bed was not easy...but was helped by Xmas dinner. Another trip to Munchies! This time I went south of the border for Quesadillas, or Mexican sandwiches as G calls them. 


A very good Xmas dinner!
We all needed to walk off the feast so we went down to the Bund to look at the most beautiful skyline in the world.


Then we inevitably went back to the pub for more red wine (I dread to think how much I've consumed this past week)...


Boxing Day consisted of a lazy brunch and walk around Jing'an park, in the insane smog.


We needed to stay away from the pollution so took refuge in Muse on the Bund, a crazy big club. It was obviously the sensible and healthy thing to do.




And since we were there, it really would've been rude not to have any of the ridiculous amount of free drinks on offer.




It really was an insanely good night. Last night there was another apartment party, but I was good and didn't stay too late! Tonight I think I'll have my first proper night off since I moved here. I'm so madly in love with this city, it's hard to tear myself away!








0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram