Caramel Pretzel Brownies.

The sun decided not to play in Bristol today...and everyone knows that cloudy days mean baking.

I'd like to pretend that I don't try to turn everyday into a baking day. This would be lying to myself and you all... Last night I was scouring Pinterest when I came across a brownie recipe that used a layer of pretzels and caramel sauce. If I wasn't so lazy I would've gone out right there and then to get the ingredients...but, patience is a virtue, so I waited until this morning. Believe me, these brownies are not for the faint-hearted. 



I found the best brownie recipe last week on milkbubbletea, it's the most perfect 
combination of fudgy, gooey and chocolatey. So, instead of using the usual Betty Crocker packet mix, I actually made the brownies from scratch...and the caramel sauce! Now I have no revision, I have no excuse to cut corners!



If you'd like to make a sinfully good batch of gooeyness, you will need:
Brownies:
340g unsalted butter
300g caster sugar
2 eggs
3 heaped tbsps of cocoa powder
160g plain flour
a bag of salty pretzels
Caramel Sauce:
200g sugar
90g unsalted butter
120g double cream

Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
Blend the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth, then add the eggs and cocoa powder until you have a thick, dark mixture.



Next, stir in the flour until you have a smooth batter that is fudgy and firm.



Spread the batter in a baking parchment-lined tin...put a layer of pretzels on top and then push them into the mixture. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the mixture over the layer of pretzels, then crumble up a few handfuls of pretzels on top. Pop the beauty in the oven for 25mins.



When it's all cooked, brown and looking yummy take it out and let it cool on the side for a bit. Whilst it's cooling, make the caramel sauce. Heat the sugar in a pan until it starts to melt and turns brown and bubbly- but DO NOT let it burn! Once all smooth, add the butter...it'll bubble a lot but that's normal. When the butter has melted add the cream, it'll fizz up again, but keep stirring to get a thick, smooth sauce. 



Then pour the sauce over the brownies, in a even layer. Heaven! 



I'm a great believer that brownies taste better cold, so I let it all cool down before I cut them up and dig in. However, if you like them warm and gooey, just grab a fork and enjoy!





They really are perfect...salty and sweet, guilty and filthy. Just the right amount of indulgence for a cloudy day! Oh and if you happen to live near me and want some of these beauties, please come over and stop me from Brownie-Overdose!!!


1 comments :

  1. I constantly emailed this blog post page to all my friends, for the reason
    that if like to read it afterward my friends will too.

    Review my web site ... Nike Air Max (nysacpr.org)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram