Creme Egg Splat Cookies.

For me, the week after Easter becomes Chocolate Week. Or, what-can-I-do-with-all-this-Chocolate Week...

I had some bags of these little chocos....


Creme Egg Splats. They're very nice, like little bite-size chunks of Creme Egg. Not too indulgent...unless you turn them into big, gooey cookies like I did.


I thought it was about time to crack out the Recipe Book which the lovely Hannah made me for my 21st and try a recipe. I headed straight for her chocolate chips cookies...she promised me the best cookies in the world. The girl's good for a promise.



Unfortunately, I lost all the photos of me baking, which means no amazing pouring action shots. However, I do have lots of photos of the finished product and the recipe is pretty self-explanatory, so no need to panic! Here's a nice chocolatey photo, just in case you're upset.


To make around 12 big cookies, you will need:
110g butter
110g caster sugar
85g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
170g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
50g walnuts, bashed up
bag of Creme Egg Splats

Preheat the oven to 190c and line a tray with baking parchment.
I used a food processor for all this, but if you don't have one, just use an electric whisk or some good old-fashioned elbow grease.
Put the butter and sugar in the blender and mix until its creamy, then add the egg and vanilla and mix.
Next, stir the salt, flour and bicarb together and then add it to the blender and mix until a dough starts to form.
Take the mixture out of the blender and add the bashed walnuts- make sure that your dough gets an even spreading. 
Hannah says that you should put teaspoons onto the tray...I wanted to supersize it, so I went for palm size portions.
Bang then in the oven for 5 mins, then take them out and press a Splat in the centre of each cookie...I put two in each of some of them...double yolked eggs are my justification for this!
Pop them back in the oven for 5-7mins and then leave them on a wire rack until they're warm and just the right amount of gooey. 

  
I had mine with a big cup of tea in my Brave mug...still feeling my Scottish roots! If you don't have/like Splats, I think that Rolos, Munchies or anything chocolate with a gooey centre would work perfectly!






0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram